Wednesday, April 16, 2008

McCain's Foreign Policy

After reading about presidential candidate John McCain’s Foreign Policy on the International Herald Tribune website, there are numerous feelings about which I disagree with the points he is trying to get across. First I disagree with the point that McCain makes about the United States not having enough troops deployed to Iraq, and his feelings about a counter insurgence having to be made. This belief was while McCain was still a Senator, and I feel that this policy is incorrect, I feel that we deployed more than enough troops just that it did not work and its time to pull our troops out. McCain recently gave a speech about how his feelings about governments are starting to shift from Democracies to Autocracies, I disagree with this stance due to the number of democracies which still exist and for the simple fact that people all over the world still want to live in democracies and want to be free to choose. A point which I do actually agree with McCain is his feelings about how to deal with a nation that does not treat their citizens the right way. McCain feels that a country can be judged by the way their government treats their people; I can fully understand this point especially in today’s society.

No comments: