Tuesday, April 8, 2008

McCain and education

http://youtube.com/watch?v=HXUar_RQ0JU

John McCain in the video talks about how he is going to solve the education problem in today’s society. He talks about improving the child left behind act. He answers critics to the no child left behind act by telling them to look at education of students before the act and then look at education after. He says that it clearly has made progress. He talks about how we need to improve the grade schools and high schools and make sure every person has an equal chance at a good education. He brings up the point that he wants to make a good education affordable to everyone. He says a good education today is not affordable and he wants people to have the opportunity to have a good education. He wants engineers and math students to have help. He wants to give more benefits to the engineer students and the math students because we need them the most.
There were some things I agree with and disagree with the video. I agree that we should be able to make a good education affordable and available to anyone who wants it. We need to improve schools especially in the inner city. I believe in the no child left behind act but I believe it needs a lot of improvement. I disagree with the fact that engineer and math students need to have incentives because we need them the most. I really think that is unfair to give things to some students and not to others. I think anyone going to schools should be given an incentive because that is what the world needs today. Anyone who goes to school is trying to improve themselves and the world around them. Why would one group of students get incentives over other students who are trying to do the same thing?
Overall, I really liked the video and it sounded like McCain knew what he was talking about. There are times when I disagree with McCain but on an overall scale I think we share the same views and ideals. I agree that education needs to be a major concern because I find it unfair that some people cannot get a good education at an affordable price. I think education that everyone has an equal right to.

No comments: