Wednesday, April 9, 2008

John McCain on Education

Tim Crawley
Professor Purdy
English 102
9 April 2008
John McCain on Education
After reading the article online about John McCain positions on education, my feelings towards him have certainly changed. Being a Republican, I was a big fan of John McCain but being a student I do not agree with some of his stances he holds. I disagree with his stance that he believes that teaching about creation should be left up to the school districts, I believe that it should be left to the school and not those who monitor the school. I also disagree with McCain’s feelings about being against nationally imposed standards and funding, I feel that it should be different depending on the school and the state. I do agree with one aspect of McCain’s positions, and that is that virtues should be taught to America’s youth for there betterment. I do not agree with his standings that good teachers deserve more than a bad lawyer, I feel that it is very difficult to decide who is a good teacher and who is a bad lawyer, there is to must difference between deciding the two. I believe that unqualified teachers should not be helped when trying to find work like McCain believes, I feel that teachers can find their own work on their own.
As you can see my views are very different from a regular Republican I disagree with many views of possibly the future president and the Republican nomination.

http://www.ontheissues.org/john_mccain.htm

No comments: