Tuesday, April 22, 2008

John McCain and Abortion

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Trbaufpok8

This video has a clip of John McCain and he is discussing his beliefs on abortion in the video. He says that he doesn’t want to rush ending the abortion process because that means there would be a lot of women going out the next day to have illegal abortions which would be dangerous. He also says that he hopes that Roe versus Wade gets appealed but it needs to be in timely manner. He says that he has voted for pro-life issues the last 17 years. He also says that as a Republican party we want to see the end of abortion it just differs on the time we take to end it.

I am a firm believer in pro-life. I just see no reason to have to end a potential baby’s life. There are many ways around it. Adoption is one of the choices. My sister Anna was adopted from China almost two years ago. She is going to be four in September. I know from first hand that a lot of people want to adopt children and they have to go on a long wait process in order for an agency to find them a child. If more people who were going to abort just gave their child up for adoption these parents would not have to wait 2 years for a child.

There are agencies out there today that will help teens who are pregnant because the last thing they want that teen to do is abort that potential child. I have heard many stances on this from friends and other students. Pro-choice people say that its there fetus or tissue and they don’t want others having it. So they are going to kill than letting have some family that would take great care of that potential child. It doesn’t make much sense to me. One reason I am a firm believer in pro-life is the fact that the couple chose to have sex and they knew what could happen if they did and they have to take responsibility for their actions.

I agree with John McCain that abortion needs to be eliminated but it needs to be done in timely manner. However, I really do not know how strong of believer McCain is on Pro-life because I have heard and read from multiple sources that he has some pro-choice views. I am hoping this is not true and that he is a firm believer in pro-life like myself.

No comments: