Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Global Warming

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MZ6_xP58OlI
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ft8LfE7AI2w&feature=related

John McCain is in California in this video and talks about how he believes that he believes in global warming. He says that we need to start using technology that is going to be more green for the environment like nuclear energy. He brings up the point that if we are wrong that global warming is happening then with greener technology we have made the world a healthier planet anyways. But he brought up a great point in the fact that investing in green technology in America we will be taking money away from terrorists from the Middle East.

I also believe that the earth is warming. But I know my reasons in believing in global warming are different from most people today. I have these reasons because I have talked to my Dad about it a lot and my neighbor in Marycrest. My Dad has shown me charts before where the world has gone through periods of warming and cooling. I believe we are in a state where the earth is getting naturally warmer. I believe that a lot of media and some science researchers have started a frenzy about how we are polluting so much the earth has been getting warmer every year. One of my favorite things was hearing about Al Gore and the Inconvenient Truth and how he tells people something that they already know and he gets a peace prize for it. I think I am going to tell everyone that smoking is bad for them and show pictures of a smoker’s lungs and see if I could get a noble peace prize for that.

The second video I have posted is with Glenn Beck and a man named Coleman who is the founder of the Weather Channel. They also hold the same believes that I do. Coleman was outraged by all the talk in the media and he wrote a blog about how scientists who go against global warming do not get put in the media today. He also says that the evidence shows that the earth has gone through cycles of warming and cooling and that is natural process. I agree with him that the media has taken this subject overboard. I feel that with this topic they have found a way to draw readers in and scientists who change some of the data to make it seem like humans are changing global warming are receiving research money or grants to make up falsehoods.

But I am going to stick with the Coleman a founder of the weather channel because it is one of the most notable sources on weather today. So I do not agree on McCain on his issue of Global warming and I feel that he might be saying this just to get votes and take a stance that wont raise to many eyebrows of the media.

No comments: