Wednesday, April 30, 2008

McCain on Stem Cell Research

http://www.catholic.org/printer_friendly.php?id=26574&section=Cathcom

This article talks about how senator and presidential candidate John McCain is still a supporter of stem cell research. This is a very important issue in today society, and is a question mark for many people when there looking at McCain as a candidate for president. It gets very interesting when stem cell research and John McCain get brought up because McCain is one of the biggest supporters of pro life, specifically when it comes to the issue of abortion and so then when McCain says he is pro stem cell research, some people begin to question him and his views. McCain wants people who are thinking to vote for him solely based off of this issue to keep in mind that this was a very tough decision and it could go either way. This could end up being a problem for McCain because he could be looked like a John Kerry, where he is “flip-flopping” on some important issue, and this could be a reason for people to vote against him.

But back to the more important discussion based upon this article. I agree with McCain when he talks about stem cell research. I feel that it is really important within our society, and that it will lead to better health in our country. I really do not understand how people are against stem cell research, I understand that it’s dangerous but I mean there is so much upside. There are so many people that can benefit. I think that is kind of inhumane to not have stem cell research. The reasons why I feel so strongly is because I have a couple of friends that if stem cell research was allowed by the government then my friends would have been healthy. This is a very important topic, and I hope the McCain just doesn’t flip flop back and forth and then when it’s time to make a decision that he chooses the other side just because of the mood he is in.

No comments: